RSVP / Senior Corps
Senior Corps/RSVP is a nationwide volunteer program which invites adults age 55 and over to use their life experience and skills to answer the call of their neighbors in need. RSVP volunteers help solve serious problems in their communities.
Today’s adults are busy, productive people. After retirement, many RSVP volunteers use their experience to keep active in ways that make a difference for those in need.
As an RSVP volunteer, you will receive:
- Free volunteer placement
- The opportunity to use your experience and skills
- The chance to learn something new every day
- Supplemental accident and liability insurance
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Invitations to special events
RSVP invites you to put your experience to work solving problems close to home. Whether teaching children or adults to read, assisting local food pantries or providing much-needed support to non-profit agencies, RSVP volunteers are making their communities stronger.
Among their many accomplishments, RSVP volunteers:
- Help elders with transportation and meals
- Build wheelchair ramps
- Prepare tax returns for low income families
- Change lives by mentoring and tutoring young people and/or adults
- Volunteer at a variety of community events
In 2016, El Dorado Connections/Tri-County RSVP volunteers gave 52,845 service hours to help strengthen our local community. These 200 volunteers made a difference!
Getting involved is the key to RSVP. Your hard work can solve problems, and you will get back more than you give.